Copyright Last update: October 2006
- Welcome to The Memphis Business and Economic Journal, a non-profit service. By using this Service, you agree to be bound by all* of the terms of this Agreement. The Service is free to Users. The Memphis Business and Economic Journal reserves the right to change the terms of this Agreement or to modify any features of this Service at any time.
- You represent that you have read and agree to abide by this Agreement.
- This Service (including, but not limited to text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of Canada and other countries. Unless specified, all individual articles, content and other elements comprising this Service are also copyrighted works of the authors and/or other media sources.
4. With permission of the editor (That is all that is needed): Except for Content you have posted on the Service, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of this Service, except that you may download material from this Service for your own personal and educational use.
5. The Memphis Business and Economic Journal has been specially designed for presentation of content in a unique format and appearance to our users. We are concerned about the integrity of our Service when it is viewed in a setting created by a third party that includes advertising or other materials that we have not authorized to be displayed with our Service. Without limiting the provisions of (4.), neither you nor any third party shall make use of the contents of the Service in any manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights, authors’ rights, or other media sources’ rights.
6. Just as The Memphis Business and Economic Journal requires Users to respect our copyrights, and those of our authors and content providers, we do our best to respect the copyrights of others. If you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced on our site without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify us immediately.
7. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Memphis Business and Economic Journal, its directors and editors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
8. This Service is available “as is.” We do not warrant that this Service will be uninterrupted or error-free. We are not responsible for the availability or content of other services that may be linked to this Service. We do not make any representations, nor do we endorse the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other material or database displayed, uploaded or distributed in this Service or available through links in this Service. We reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions in this Service. We intend to take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses or other destructive materials to this Service. We are not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such features.
9. The Site contains links to other World Wide Web (“Third Party Sites”). The Memphis Business and Economic Journal is not responsible for the availability or content of Third Party Sites.
10. The Memphis Business and Economic Journal, its editors, are not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including lost revenues or profits, loss of business or loss of data, in any way related to this Service or for any claim, loss or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions or other inaccuracies in this Service (including without limitation as a result of breach of any warranty or other term of this Agreement).
- This notice shall be governed by the laws of Canada.
* In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 of the US Copyright Law, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.